Homemade granola!

 I have always been a lover of granola, it is always so yummy, sweet, flavorful, crunchy and it gives you lots of energy in the morning for breakfast. Last year I decided to find a very good granola recipe to make myself, and stay away from the very processed, and expensive granola that you can find in the store.

Granola is very high in calories and sugar, so I use it mostly for adding texture, flavor and crunch to my greek yogurt in the morning.

I tried many recipes and found the one I like the most here: link

This are some of the ingredients on the granola. Pecans, almonds, shredded coconut and raisins.

I tried different kinds of nuts replacing the cashews in the recipe since sometimes I was out of cashews and did not want to run to the store. I found that I much rather the combination of almonds and pecans. Or Almonds and pistachio over cashews in this recipe.




I also added a teaspoon of a La Boîte á Epice. REIMS N.39, which it is a mixture of honey, anise and cinnamon. 


I hope you enjoy!

xo
Cami

5 comments:

  1. I tend not to like store-bought granola, although when I find one I like I love it. This is brilliant! I'll definitely have to give it a try.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camila. I found you on Lauren Conrad's site. I love his recipe... I am going to have to give it a try. Look forward to more of your posts.

    Come visit me at www.okskinnyjk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ¡!! Thanks for your follow, now I´m one of your followers and I have a count in facebook, twitter, bloglovin, pinterest, instagram and lookbook, in case you want to keep in touch there too… follow me and I´ll follow you back wherever you want ok!
    Kisses
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, looks great! Just found your blog through Lauren Conrad's website! Have a great day and I hope you can stop by my blog sometime! <3

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete