Whole Wheat Pizza crust




Last weekend I got to make some homemade pizza crust, which happens to be extremely easyto make and satisfying. I used Whole Wheat flour instead of All purpose just to be a little bit healthier.

 Overall I think it's very tasty crust and fluffy. Next time I will make the dough for my mini pizzas a lot thinner, just because I like my pizzas crunchy and to taste more the toppings than the dough.


For the crust you will need:

1/2 tsp of active yeast
2/3 cup of lukewarm water
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp of Himalayan pink salt

This makes about 4 small pizzas.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the yeast with the water, cover and set aside in a warm part of the room for 15 min. After this whisk it and let it set for 5 more min.

Place the flour and salt in a large bowl and mix well so it's all incorporated. Make a well in the center and pour the yeast and water mixture. Mix with a spatula (or clean hands) until it forms a dough (add more flour or water if needed)

Divide the dough into 4 pieces, roll them into a ball and then with your fingers pressed them down until they form a circle. Spoon your preferred tomato sauce, and toppings. We added to ours some feta cheese, basil, sliced tomatoes and bacon bits. Next time I will be adding olives and mushrooms to mine.


Cami

PS. We eat our pizza dipped in sauce, we made with half ranch dressing, half sriracha. So amazing you should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment