Chocolate chip whole wheat banana bread


If you have read any of my previous banana bread post, you know by now that I have a love obsession with this amazing bake good, and I love making it and trying new things. You will be seeing a lot of different kinds of banana bread(s) in this blog.

I made this recipe when a night I ran out of all purpose flour and had 3 bananas laying around that were too ripe to eat. I modified my recipe to work with whole wheat flour and this is what I came up with.




Ingredients:

  1/3 cup of butter
1 cup of granulated white sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp of light mayonnaise
3 very ripe bananas
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 cup of dried berries (optional)
1 cup of bittersweet (64%- dark chocolate) chocolate chips


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. 
  2. Mash the three bananas with a fork in a small bowl.
  3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the egg. Stir in the mayonnaise and bananas.
  4.  Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl. Blend the flour mixture into the banana mixture; stir just enough to evenly combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
  6. Let it cool on a wire rack or on the parchment paper until it's cooler, though if you are like me you probably eat it steaming hot with a cup of milk.




Enjoy!

xo cami

No comments:

Post a Comment