Peach and Blueberry cobbler



There is nothing I like better that to bake summer treats. With my parents in town we kept going to the grocery store and stocking up on more fruit and veggies, which unfortunately makes no sense, since we ended up not eating them as much as we though.



Since I had some ripe nectarines in the fridge and a really large box of blueberries I decided to make a cobbler.

I found this recipe online, which it makes a "healthier" peach cobbler, with smaller amounts of sugar and butter in comparison to others I found online.

 I modified it slightly, for ingredients I used:

4 large nectarines
1 small peach
1 cup and a half of blueberries
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1 tbsp of corn starch
around 2 tsp of lemon juice
a pinch of a spice mix that has cinnamon, anise, honey and nutmeg
1 cup of all purpose flour (I used unbleached)
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
3 tbsp of unsalted butter
1/2 of non fat milk


Preheat oven to 375°F.

In a saucepan, I combined the nectarines with the 1/3 cup of the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and spice blend; toss to coat peaches.

Set pan over medium heat and bring to a boil and let simmer until mixture thickens, transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan.

To make the biscuits for the top, in a bowl I combined the flour, baking powder and salt.

Work in the butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, then I added the milk and steered it until flour mixture is evenly moist.

Drop 8 tbsp of topping mixture onto peach mixture.

Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 35 minutes, but it might be more or less depending on your oven, so check after the 20 minute mark.

Cut into 8 pieces and serve.




I served it warm with a bit of non fat whipped cream over it. I was amazing!


I hope you give this one a try and let me know what you think!


xo Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment