Chocolate Chip Banana Bread II (BEST ONE EVER)



I love baking, one of my favorite things to bake it's banana bread, specially since sometimes bananas just don't get eaten fast enough, and very ripe bananas are just the key for the bread.

 
Earlier last week I came up with this great recipe , which I modified slightly to accommodate the ingredients I had in my house.

This recipe it's pretty much perfect, and my favorite so far. The bread was so flavorful, moist, fluffy, delicious and it was extremely hard to be good and not eat the entire thing in one sitting.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of granulated white sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp of light mayonnaise
3 very ripe bananas
1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
 1/2 of semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 of bittersweet chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. 
  2. Mash the three bananas with a fork in a small bowl.
  3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the egg. Stir in the mayonnaise and bananas.
  4.  Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl. Blend the flour mixture into the banana mixture; stir just enough to evenly combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
  6. Let it cool on a wire rack or on the parchment paper until it's cooler. 

I hope you give this one a try. It was the best banana bread I have ever tried, and I know this is a bold statement, but I think I am done looking for the perfect recipe. :)


I hope you all are enjoying your day.
xo cami



Even though that recipe was tasty, it was not the best one I have ever come across to.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I've never seen mayonaise used in something like this. I'd be interested to see how it effects the taste!
    x
    http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit skeptical about the mayo at first but found that it really works! it makes it be so moist and delicious. You have a great blog and I will love to follow. Cheers!

      Delete