The best chocolate chip cookies

For today's post I had planned on making a different recipe, Apple scones!. Since I have some apples laying around on my fridge and scones sound pretty good. But unfortunately I forgot a key ingredient in the grocery store earlier, so... My husband gave me the idea of making his favorite, Chocolate chip cookies instead. 


He even offered to be the taster for all of them... poor him :)

I always enjoy making this recipe, because I have made it so many times I have kind of perfected it. And like I said, Reilly get's so excited when the cookies are fresh out of the oven.

I must agree with him. After testing so many recipes out there for the "perfect" chocolate chip cookies, this one by far is the best!



I found it years ago in this website: http://lovintheoven.com

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of All-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 3/4 cups of unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk (use the extra egg white for breakfast the next morning)
  • 2 cups of dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips.
Mix together in a bowl, the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.

In a stand mixer cream together butter and the two kinds of sugar until well blended. Then mix together the eggs and vanilla, until light and creamy. Fold the dry ingredients at this point and bring the mixer speed to low.

Stir in chocolate chips and blend together with a spoon, or with clean hands, and then place the dough in the fridge overnight, but if you can't wait that long, place it at least for an hour.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees f (165 degrees c). In a lined baking sheet, place cookie dough with an ice cream scooper (around a rounded tablespoon). From tow to three inches apart from each other.

Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the edges are golden brown. The time you bake them for depends on your oven and altitude. I bake mine for around 20 to 22 minutes, but check them constantly after the 18 min mark to make sure they don't over cook.

There should be very flavorful, chewy and soft. If you don't like the dark chocolate flavor, replace the bittersweet chocolate for semisweet, and that should do the trick.


I hope you give them a try and let me know what you think!

xo Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment