Product regrets - Part 1



In my makeup collection, there is not much space for disappointing products. I do not encounter many of these that I keep, or that are specially disappointing.  I research a lot before buying, and if I end up not liking it I try to return it before it is too late.


I know this seems like an all negative post, but I want to be honest and give the good and bad where there are deserved, and hopefully people will not have to make the same mistakes I made.

This is all based on my own personal taste too, I might find that this products did not work for me, might work for you... so it all depends. Though honestly I just think there is better products out there in both cases.

Cover Fx Translucent Mineral Powder: This is a very fine milled mineral powder, it retails for $32. Which it is not on the cheap side at all.

It did not matter how much I applied, what brush I used, the result was always the same, which was nothing. My face still looked just as oily. It did not set my foundation, it did not mattifyied the oil on my skin, and it did not make my makeup last any longer. Just overall a very disappointing product that I will recommend anyone to just avoid, specially if you have oily or combination skin.



Crown Brushes: I can't say that all crown brushes are the same. I got a couple brushes by Royal & Langnickel on the 2012 Summer Imats here in LA. I got the BX-20 and BX-75.

 I wanted to try them and was happy about the price and the overall performance of the brushes for the first... week. After that it just felt as if the brushes weren't the same, the bristles were limp and the application I got with them was overall bad. I guess that in this case you do get what you pay for.


I hope you all had a great day, and let me know which are your disappointing products!
xo Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment