Food of the day!

I am not a super clean eater but I can say I aim for a healthy balance of food on a daily basis, specially during the week, since on the weekend we do a lot of eating out and sometimes I do some baking.

Breakfast

I tend to eat breakfast at home, pack up my lunches and snacks for work, and this vary depending on what we cooked on Sunday night, what we have available in the fridge, and truly what do I feel like eating.


For breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs and a packet of oatmeal with half of a banana. Plus my cup of morning coffee.

lunch!


For lunch I had baked chicken with cracked lemon pepper, dill and olive oil. Baked yams, and steamed asparagus.


Snack time


For Snack I had one slice of Ezekiel bread, which it is pretty tasty and not bad for you, with a serving of pb2 which it's my new found love.

For Dinner we made some turkey meat balls, my husband used this recipe -->here<-- , his weren't mini, but surely amazing!


We ate it with a Raphls brand mushroom tomato sauce, to which he added spinach and mushrooms. And we ate this with spaghetti squash, which was quite easy to make. Surprisingly enough, we loved it.

It does not taste like pasta, and you might not like it if you go into it thinking it will be just like it (i mean it is a healthy veggie). It was also quite delicious with just olive oil and Parmesan cheese.


Dinner

I hope this gave you some ideas for a healthy day menu. Seeing out like this makes me inspired to eat something like this tomorrow!

I hope you have a great day!
xo cami

No comments:

Post a Comment