Lobster Tails and fruit tart



I love long weekends, this one in particular was very nice since it came just a couple days after Reilly and I Anniversary (which it's on Valentines Day).


Normally we do our best to get out, spend a small fortune in a nice restaurant. Which it's nice, but this year we wanted to do something special and different. Reilly offered to cook dinner, which it's always a treat for me, since he is a great cook (much better than me either way) and it's not afraid to try to cook new things.




He cooked us lobster tails following mostly this recipe --> link <--, stuffed baked potatoes he followed loosely this recipe --> link <-- and steamed broccoli. We had this with a bit of champagne!. It felt luxurious but we just pretty much ate it in our pajamas. It was awesome!.






For Dessert I made a fruit tart, from a recipe I got last year from gilt taste when we got our anniversary dinner from them. This Tart recipe is by Whitney Chen, and I have used many times through the years, you can make a veggie tart or fruit, and I pretty much use any fruit I have on my fridge.


This time I used kiwis and strawberries. It is was pretty good.

 Any Season Fruit (or Vegetable) Tart recipe:


2 cups of your fruit or veggies of preference, cut into 2inch pieces.
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup plus 1 Tbs sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Zest from ½ a lemon
1 Tbs Maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 325°F

Cream together the butter and 1 cup of sugar with an electric mixer until it has turned pale in color. Add the eggs and maple syrup and mix. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and zest in a separate bowl. In two batches, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.

Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch baking dish (I normally use my pie dishes). Dot the batter with the fruit of your choice and gently press halfway into the tart. You can be as generous or as sparse as you wish with the toppings, but do not put more than a single layer.

Sprinkle Cinnamon and sugar over the top of the tart. Bake for 60 minutes or until the crust is golden.


1 comment: