In with the new: Nars and Buxom




I had a Sephora store credit that was pretty much burning a hole in my wallet for some weeks now. I got two lipsticks!

I did not get both of this at the same time, but I wanted to wait to show my first and only Nars lipstick when I had something else to show as well. So here it is in the order in which it was purchased:


1. Nars Lipstick - Schiap $26:

I was introduced to this specific lip color by a good friend of mine "J". She was telling me about this great pink lipstick made by Nars, which has been very popularly worn by a famous actress in Korea. This shade gives that nice appearance of "Popsicle" lips if you worked in lightly.



She had been hunting it all over the place for it, and found it in the Nars website. By the time I joined the hunt it was sold out in the Nars website, the Sephora website, the Sephora store near me had been sold out for months. I could not find it in Amazon either and I could not believe my luck. Just when I was about to give up on it when I decided to give a try to the mini Sephora store in Jcpenney. And there it was!
Nars Schiap worn lightly.

This is a very pigmented gorgeous bright pink, with blue undertones which makes your teeth appear whiter, so that is a plus. It is a matte lipstick and wears nicely though feels dry if I don't put any type of balm before applying it. I have used it full on bright, and my personal favorite is the lightly applied pink look.


2. Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick - Swinger  $21:


This is the newest addition to my makeup collection, I was very curious by this newly launched lipsticks by Buxom. I really like their Lip glosses, even though I am not a lip gloss type of gal.  It was really hard for me to choose a shade from the selection they had to offer. I wanted them all!

Very pretty purple-pink color.



It's really too early for me to give a good review of the product since I just got it. But I can say by wearing it this past week, that it goes on very smoothly and it's glossy, it feels comfortable and it is easy to apply. I think that eventually dries into a more matte finish and with time it feels dry and it settled onto the dry spots of my lips.


I also realized that it transferred everywhere. And it is very important to be careful not to smear it all over your face. Specially if you are one to touch you face a lot. I am not sure if I will be keeping this lipstick though. So far... not super impressed.

Buxom - Swinger

Like I said, I am not ready to judge it as of yet. Will like to give it some more tries before coming up to a conclusion.

I hope you all are having a great day.
xo Cami







1 comment: