Heart shaped Red Velvet Pancakes!

I am an all American breakfast lover. I could eat Pancakes, with bacon, syrup, butter, and eggs every day, every meal, anytime. Normally a regular breakfast in a place like Ihop or Dennys are near 2000 calories, per meal!

I am not sure about your daily calorie intake, but that is waaaay over mine, in just one meal!. So eating that is a very rare occasion for me even though I love it. Now I do make something similar at home once or twice a week, that satisfy my craving for breakfast food, and it wont pack on the pounds.

I found this recipe in Pinterest, which is one of my favorite sites ever!

Since today is valentines, and also my wedding anniversary, I decided to do something a bit more colorful and special. Red Velvet pancakes. Yuuum!

I follow this recipe here, it is a great starter to your day, there are not overly sweet, but just right!. 188 calories per serving. To this I added one tablespoon of cocoa powder 40 cal, and 1/4 of a teaspoon of red food coloring. 


I got this awesome heart pancake molds from my sweet mother in law a few years ago.


For the cream cheese topping (because there is no red velvet without cream cheese frosting), I used around 2 tbsp of low fat cream cheese which it's around 60 cal, 1 tbsp of sugar 45 cal, and 4 tbsp of heavy cream. This is a total of 156 cal per serving. I know pretty high but it was an awesome treat!.


I hope you enjoyed this and hopefully gives you some ideas for a different kind of breakfast. 

You can follow me in Pinterest if you'll like, I share all kind of fun things (or so I think). My user name is  camiladavila





I hope you have a great day and Happy Valentines!!
xo Cami

3 comments:

  1. This are soo cute! If there's one thing I love more than shopping. It's pancakes! Haha. :)
    Definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Se ven deliciosas Camila! Un beso!

    ReplyDelete