Products I've used up - December 2013


Makeup


 It takes a long while to finish makeup products for me, specially since I have a lot of makeup and rotate my products constantly. If I finish it it means that it's old, I love it a LOT or I dislike it so much that I rather part with it.



  • Seche Vite nail top coat, this retails for $10 and I loved it at first because it dried super fast, made my nails shiny and also extended the nail color a lot in comparison to my previous top coats. My gripe with it and the reason I don't think I will repurchase it, it's that it because extremely thick and gloppy half way through the bottle. Also the smell it's extremely strong.
  • Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, I have had this foundation for several years now. I really like it, it has a nice medium to full coverage. I do find it a bit difficult to use on my very oily skin and it does tend to break with the oils on my skin in about four hours, even with primer and powder. I don't think I will repurchase it.
  •  Lancome Hypnose Drama, I love this mascara. It was a really nice sample, it lasted me a while. It gave me volume and length. Will repurchase.
  •  Benefit Ooh La Lift, I don't know what the purpose of this product is. I didn't feel it did anything to brighten my under eye area. I kept it around for a few years trying to get around using it up. Won't repurchase.
  • Anastasia Brow Gel, I love this product and wish it had not dried out on me. I am currently using the Maybelline clear gel mascara for my eyebrows, holding on into buying a new one of these since it's so pricey. I might repurchase it in the future, though for now I am happy with he cheaper alternative.
  • Dior rose lipbalm, Love it, worth every penny. Made my lips soft, it had a very pleasant scent and you get a lot in the little pot since you do need very little amount. Will repurchase.
  • Trish McEvoy tinted moisturizer, unfortunately this one was a miss for me. I am glad it was only a sample size since I just couldn't see myself really using a full size of it. It doesn't work for my oily complexion. 
  • Stila Liquid Liner in Black. Love it, will be repurchasing it.
  •   Chanel Vitalumiere aqua it's a great light foundation and I love it. I have had it fr a year now and I feel it's worth the money. It has a very pleasant smell like all Chanel products. It doesn't feel like makeup on your skin, and it looks natural. Will repurchase.

Skin 

 

  • Shiseido Day Moisture Protection, very nice moisturizer for someone with oily-sensitive skin. has SPF which it's a plus. Even though I like it I feel it didn't wow me enough for an immediate repurchase.


  • Bioderma cleansing water, I like this as a face cleanser/makeup remover. It's very light on the skin and it does feel like water. I really like it and I am interested in trying the one for oily acne prone skin which might fit my skin type better.

  • Neutrogena Deep Clean facial wash, it gets every ounce of makeup off your skin and I like it a lot specially when my skin it's extremely oily in summer time. It did started to dry out my skin at the beginning of fall though. 

  • Bath and Body Works Cashmere glow body wash, has a very nice warm scent to it. Perfect for fall. 

  • Kirkland makeup wipes, after spending a fortune in the makeup wipes, a girl from my Gym recommended this ones to me. I really like them and consider them comparable to the Neutrogena that come in a blue package.

  • Beauty Fixation makeup remover swabs are great for on the go to fix up any makeup mistakes. I wont repurchase the, because you can use regular Qtips with a cleansing water and be A-ok.

 

Body




  • Clinique acne solutions mousturizer, even though this is good for someone with oily acne prone skin I couldn't handle the smell. Pretty bad.

  • Trader Joes Coconut Body Butter and Soap and Glory body Butter, these are both affordable, moisturizing, great smelling body creams. Love them.

  • La Roche Posay Effaclar K, I didn't see a purpose for this, I used it constantly and didn't see a change on my skin. I ended up tossing it after I used more than half. It just doesn't do anything.

 

Hair

 

  And last but not least... hair.

  • I have three dry shampoos here. The bumble and bumble tinted dry shampoo was not as good as I had hope for the price. Skip this one and get one of the Batiste ones. Cheap and good.

  • Davines Vegetarian miracle conditioner, this was recommended by my hair dresser and not cheap at $30. After trying a sample of the Macadamia one before purchasing this one, I just didn't get into it as I should have for such a high price, the smell wasn't my cup of tea and my it didn't do anything that great for my hair. I did use it up but won't be repurchasing it.

  • Ojon Damage reverse oil is so good, I used up this little sample and went and got myself the full size not that long ago. It's on my 2013 favorites.

Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment