Pacific Rim Movie talk!



Last night Reilly and I went for a nice dinner and then later on went to a movie. I have been excited to see Pacific Rim ever since I heard about it, not necessarily because I love robots, but because I tend to LOVE Guillermo del Toro's work, he always has an amazing imagination, and creates the coolest creatures.

 I was concerned that it would be something similar to the Transformers series, which I am not a huge fan of.

Without going into a huge ramble about the movie, I can say that first and foremost it surpassed my expectations. The acting was good enough, it gave the characters enough depth .
I loved the chemistry between the two main characters,  and found it funny and fun to follow them through their adventure. The story was good, though I do not think it will be winning a "best movie" award anytime soon, since it is predictable and it lacks drama. But hey, it is a summer popcorn movie,  it's meant to be very entertaining and it kept me on the edge of my seat throughout.





I see a lot of movies, sometimes it's hard to disconnect the critic side of me that just focuses on what is going on Visual Effects wise. I guess what I like the most about this particular movie was that even though it's heavily packed with VFXs, it did not feel like I was studying it, but more like enjoying it.


The music score  kept me pumped! The creature design was very interesting, loved the robots, and the effects were SO GOOD! My hat goes off to all the people who worked so hard to make all those robots, environments, characters, and monsters look the way they did.


I also loved the fact that it's feels like something fresh, not another sequel, a reboot, or another super hero movie, which it's all we see lately (though there is nothing wrong with that).





I will give it 4 starts out of 5, because it was highly entertaining, beautiful to watch and have had me thinking about it all day today.

I hope you give it a go, and let me know what you think of it.

Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment