Berry Scones




I am a pastry lover and as such I love baking scones, I found this recipe a while ago in youtube and have made it several time, with apricot and ginger, berries and I think it will taste great in any form of scone you might like.

Because they are so easy to make and I had a few cups of berries just going bad in my fridge I decided to experiment and toss some strawberries and blackberries together.


Ingredients:

2 cups flour
6 tablespoons sugar
1 tbsp + 1 tsp of baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons cold butter, diced into cubes
1 cup of blackberries
1/2 cup of cubed strawberries
½ cup heavy cream
2 eggs
Raw, turbinado sugar for the top



Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. And in a bowl combine your dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Add the cubed butter and cut it with a pastry knife until it forms into a coarse meal. Add the berries and mix with care so you don't squeeze them too much. 


Mix the egg and heavy cream in a separate bowl with a whisk and add to the dry mix. Mix until dough forms, I start with a spatula or wooden spoon and finish with my hands, and then transfer to floured area and turn it until it has a mold-able consistency. Form it into a square, around 3 inches thick.


Cut square into four pieces, and then into triangles. I repeat this  step twice so the scones aren't huge, but you can make them as big or as small as you prefer. Brush with heavy cream and sprinkle them with raw sugar.

Refrigerate them for about 10 minutes to get firm and then bake for 16 min or until golden brown (in my oven 18 min). If you like yours a sweeter, add one more tbsp of sugar. 


Serve warm with coffee or butter and jelly.








Enjoy
Cami


No comments:

Post a Comment