Popsugar Must Have - October 2013



 

This was a great month for the Pop Sugar must have box, I am pretty excited to try everything that I got.

Firstly when I opened the box and the first thing I saw was the wet brush and I was stocked! I have been eying this brush for a while, since I have fine hair that breaks easily, I am always in the look for a great brush that it's affordable. I have been using it for a few days now, and I LOVE it. This brush retails for $7.19


I also got a Halloween Sprinkled Crispycake by The Crispery  which retails for $3.95. I am a big fan of rice crispy treats, and this one is very moist and chewy and not extremely sweet.

My favorite part on the whole box is "The Can’t Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified! by Jessica Seinfeld" which retails for  $16.76. It's an amazing looking book, and just by eying some of the recipes I can already tell I will actually use it!

For jewelry I got the Bali Bead Bracelet by Gorjana which retails for $45.00. I am happy I got it on the box, since two months ago we got burglarized and most of my bracelets are gone. This one it's a beautiful pink I will surely get a lot of use out of it.



I also got two small nail polishes from Julep. This was a very nice surprise and I am very happy with the color I received, plus I was looking to buy a top coat so now I am all set. This was a set specially made for Pop Sugar, so the price it's to be determined but there are full sizes.

Also got the Jane Tran Thin Metallic Bobby Pin Set which retails for $12.0, and unfortunately this ones didn't work for my kind of hair. They snagged my hair and where hard to put in and removed. Very cute though and I am sure they will work for people with thicker hair.


Liquid Brown Liner $6.00 and The Smokey Shadow Palette $7.00 by NYX Cosmetics where a good surprise, I am always happy to receive makeup.

For me NYX has been a hit or miss brand in general, though it's one of my favorites from the drugstore. I found that even though the eyeshadow palette it's gorgeous and all the colors are very wearable. I found them quite chalky when swathed and with a lot of fall off. Also I found that this specific NYX palette's packaging seems to be very cheaply made, which it's unfortunate for traveling since it might end up cracking.

Here are some swatches from the palette.
 


Loving this box though and happy to receive it at the beginning of the month.

xo Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment