Maybelline vs Urban Decay



I am all about saving when it comes to beauty products... or anything really. Finding a dupe for a higher end product has become a goal for many people out there, and this is not different for me.


Over the past couple months I have not stop hearing about the great 24 hour color tattoos by Maybelline, so I had to give it a go. I got myself the barely branded color, which it is a light warm golden color. This great eye shadows are very creamy, easy to blend and overall a great product that can be use as an eyeshadow base.





When trying it for the first time I realized how close in color, texture and overall result it was to my beloved Urban Decay Primer potion in Sin.


I heard on many reviews of people using it without a primer and having great results with no creasing and staying all day. Since I saw similarities to Sin, it occurred to me to use it as a base for my other shadows, and was expecting great things.

I was not so lucky though. Even though the eyeshadow by itself does not crease, without a primer with other shadows was a different story. By the end of the day the eyeshadow had not stay put at all, I am not sure if it is because of my eyes being too oily?

I love the Urban Decay in Sin because of how versatile it is, it keeps my makeup from moving all day long,  and it even resist water. It shows up great for a lazy makeup day, I wear it by itself with some mascara and I am good to go. And it has lasted me for a year and a half now. This thing it's still going even though I use it everyday!


UD Sin is on top, a bit more red than barely branded. But they are close enough in the eye!

The price difference is significant, the Primer Potion goes for 22$ as for the Maybelline color tattoo goes only for 6$ (depending on where you get it). Granted the Primer potion has 0.34 oz and the color tattoo has only 0.14 oz which it is less than half of the product. Also the color payoff it's better in the primer potion and if you are a bargain hunter you can find them on sale for around 8 bucks in Nordstroms rack and/or Hautelook.


If you are trying to save some money and can't wait for the primer potion to go on sale, you can give the color tattoo a try. I can wait to try more colors in the future!


As for this comparison and even though I loved them both, Urban Decay Primer potion wins it for me. I would much rather wait for it to go on sale and enjoy the full beauty of this product. 

I hope this was of any help to you and enjoyed my mini review of both products!


Have a great day!
xo Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment